GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (PGC) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.463, Dated 27th December, 2013
Pension – Contributory Pension Scheme - Maintenance of Accounts - Revised orders - Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No. 259, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 6th August 2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.430, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 6th August 2004.
3. G.O.Ms.No.201, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 21st May 2009.
4. Government letter No.63734/FS/T/PGC/2013 dated 25th November 2013.
5. From the Principal Accountant General (A&E), Tamil Nadu, Chennai–18
letter No. GPF 14 / CPS / 2013-14 / 273-123597 dated 27th November 2013.
6. Government Letter No. 70357/FS/T/PGC/2013 dated 16th December 2013.
7. From the Principal Accountant General (A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18 letter
No. GPF 14 /CPS/5/2013-14 / 284-136520 dated 20th December 2013.
In the Government Order first read above, a new Contributory Pension Scheme based on defined contribution has been introduced for all employees who are recruited on or after 01.04.2003. In the Government Order second read above, Government inter-alia ordered that the Accountant General will maintain the accounts for the Contributory Pension Scheme as in the case of General Provident Fund and the Index Number to the employees who join the Contributory Pension Scheme will be allotted by the Accountant General on receipt of application from the Head of Department / Heads of Offices in the prescribed form.