FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.47, DATED: 20th February, 2014
( Vijaya, Masi –8, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2045 )
Allowances – Hill Allowance and Winter Allowance to employees working in places declared as Hill Stations – Enhancement – Orders – Issued.
G.O.Ms.No.236, Finance (PC) Department, Dated 01.06.2009.
In the Government Order read above, among others, orders has been issued enhancing the Hill Allowance and Winter Allowance as per the recommendation of the Official Committee, 2009.
2. The Hon’ble Chief Minister in the Collectors’ Conference held on 13.12.2013, among others, has made the following announcement in respect of the Hill / Winter Allowance
i) Sl.No. 79: Hill Allowance for Government employees will be increased to Rs.1,500/- per month.
ii) Sl.No. 80: Winter Allowance for Government employees will be increased to Rs. 500/- per month.
3. Based on the above announcement, Government issues the following orders:-
(I) HILL ALLOWANCE:
The existing rate of Hill Allowance shall be retained at the same rate of 20% of pay subject to the enhancement of maximum ceiling limit of Rs. 900/- to Rs.1500/- per month.
(II) WINTER ALLOWANCE:
The revised rate of Winter Allowance shall be as below:
1. Those working in the places at 1000 metres to 1,499 metres above M.S.L. ---- 5% of basic pay including grade pay subject to a maximum of Rs.400/- p.m.
2. Those working in the places at 1,500/- metres above M.S.L. ------ 10% of basic pay including grade pay subject to a maximum of Rs.500/- p.m.
4. The above orders will take effect from the date of issue of this order.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.